Due to the wide variety of products and applications available on the market and the ever-growing need to exchange information between these systems, the demand for middleware products such as database gateways, messaging and queuing tools or object request brokers is getting bigger and bigger.
Middleware describes the application-neutral programs used for data processing that communicate between applications and therefore reduce the complexity of the applications and their infrastructure.
Rudolf Berthold Ges.m.b.Hoffers both standard and tailor-made middleware solutions. Whether it is a direct link between databases (such as ORACLE, MS SQL-Server, MySQL,…) or connections to SAP systems (using RFC,IDOC).
Our file-based solutions using CSV, EXCEL or Meta languages such as XML are used more often.
The advantages of middleware
- Existing systems can be connected to other systems without the need for significant restructurin
- Middleware uncouples applications from the system platform through the use of services
- Middleware can be used across platforms (both statically and dynamically)
- Protocols are generated automatically for data transfer between systems which enables simple tracking
- Practical applications
- Our last project in this field highlights a particularly special case:
An R/3 system was connected to a weighbridge using an RFC connection in order to directly carry out gaugeable weightings from the SAP system.
We are therefore able to create solutions for the evaluation of production data or for linking different machines and systems.
As you can see, there are many interesting/new tasks for middleware in today’s market.