When a vehicle fleet consists of a few hundred vehicles, this information is essential in ensuring efficient running of business.
With a delivery volume of 550,000 deliveries in 2011, Transdanubia is one of the biggest players on the market. In Pasching/Austria, Transdanubia operates a lorry park and garage for up to 500 vehicles.
Access to vehicles for dispatchers, as well as maintenance and repair work by the garage, takes place at short notice based on the vehicles available at the park.
In order to increase security and efficiency of vehicle management, Transdanubia has now “tagged” all HGVs and, in doing so, has created a simple but effective system for vehicle identification.
This solution has been implemented by Rudolf Berthold Ges.m.b.H on behalf of communications experts NextiraOne, the international IT partner of Transdanubia:
- Each HGV is equipped with a unique identification code via an RFID tag.
- Highly-robust, protection class IP67 “Outdoor Tags” are used for this purpose.
- The entry and exit system has been equipped with a barrier and LR3 RFID reader.
- The guard, who is also responsible for park monitoring, can also manually check vehicles in or out.
- Contactless vehicle identification takes place on entry and exit, or directly from the lorry park.
- A server then transfers the data to the central server as a .csv file (Import/Export).
- The data can then be used at up to 5 different operating stations.
Everything from one provider
The software, tags and reader, as well as all of the servers, were comprehensively provided and implemented by Rudolf Berthold Ges.m.b.H.
As a result of this simple and quick-to-implement solution, Transdanubia has now been able to further optimise its HGV monitoring and reduce operating costs.
We will gladly provide you with further information and advice!